Hola friends,
I am filled with joy being with you today. I am currently on my 11th day of journaling ideas for 21 days.
You
can start the writing process with me by joining today.
I trust you've read all the previous blogs, if not please read that also. It will help you to understand what we are discussing. In my older blog, you read many times good habits are crucial; by doing the same task every day we can form our habits.
Good habits can shape our future and bad habits can destroy us or maybe they can hold us back and not let us be successful.
You get curious, what is an actual bad habit, or how does it hold you back? Right?
So, today I will explain to you, what is a bad habit. And I will tell you mine also.
The bad habit can
be our procrastination, we don’t do the task on time and we postpone it to some
other time or maybe another day. These tasks get delayed creating a
last-moment-heavy burden.
Our negative self-talk, we don’t believe
in ourselves, and we think we are not capable of fulfilling our dreams or
completing any tasks. and because of this, our lower self-confidence.
Our poor healthy habits, we know junk food is
not good for health, doing exercise is necessary to be healthy, going gym will
helpful, sleeping on time and wake up early is a good habit and we are not forming
it.
Nowadays,
screen addiction is high, even small babies get addicted to screen and we are
not controlling it because we are already addicted. Our overthinking, comparing
with others, always judging ourselves based on other`s views, etc. These habits are examples of bad habits;
even lots more examples are there, which I am not including.
We
need to figure out our bad habits and need to get rid of them, it is the first
necessary steps for getting motivated. With bad habits, motivation will not
last longer.
Riding
bad habits is as necessary as making good habits. So, for further discussion topic
of the day:
The
topic of the day –
A habit you want to get rid of.
Before I start to explain the topic, I want to introduce myself. My name is Nalin and I hold the position of Senior Software Engineer at a prestigious company. What about you? (You can use my comment section to introduce yourself, Sounds good 😊)
To continue the
discussion, let me tell you my very bad habit.
It is Procrastination. Because of my procrastination
habit, I am delaying my important tasks, by telling myself that I will do them
later, I have lots of time to do them, and as the deadline approaches start
feeling overwhelmed. Because of procrastination, I start writing blogs late. I am
not lazy, but every time I am planning to work on a task, I get distracted, and
without finishing the task I keep it aside for doing later, and it make me so
much more stressed.
I am working on ridding myself of
procrastination by making my working space distract-free, by setting goals of
the day, by enjoying my all-small progress. Same by following you, you can also
get rid from your bad habits.
Let me tell you some simple
solutions, for example, if you are also procrastinating like me, you need to
find first either you are lazy or because of distraction you are postponing the
task, if the reason is distraction, then remove the distraction while doing the
task. Make a to-do list, it will help you in your productivity, break whole tasks
into small tasks, and set goals to finish the small task.
If
you have a negative thought habit, it will get rid of by positive affirmation
or reframing the negative task to a positive one. For example – If you feel
“you are not capable to finishing the task”, then immediately reframe it and
tell yourself, “The task will take some time, and I will definitely finish with
accuracy”.
If
you have poor health habits like eating junk food, not doing exercise. Follow first
thing stop buying packet food and fill your kitchen with healthy snacks. For
exercise, go for a small walk, and further increase the time or distance.
If
you are addicted to using phones, set a timer, and when time hit, stop using
phone. Instead of overthinking, write whatever you feel like, write a diary or
in a mobile “Google Keep”. Just write all and every thought, overthinking will
control. Stop comparing, and start observing yourself, and how you are
different from others. Once you change your question from Why to How. The answer
will change automatically.
It’s all a simple
practice, by doing this every day your bad habits will start reducing and one
day will be replaced with good habits. This is a continuous process, not a one-day
task or miracle. Just believe in the process and be happy.
At this moment, I am leaving.
Tomorrow, I will come back with the new journaling topic. Please share your thoughts in the comment section regarding this blog. Do it without hesitation. You won't be charged for it.
And, if you want me some other topic to cover, you can suggest me, and I will include it in the blog as a journal. Feel free, to do whatever topic comes to mind, you send me in Contact Us form.
Thank you in advance.
We will meet tomorrow with a new topic
Goodbye.


Post a Comment
0Comments